Summer eating doesn’t have to be hard work, or expensive. Just as with wines, the key thing is choosing the right ingredients from great producers. Our friends at Château Routas have sent us their recipe for a perfect Provençal salad, which is an ideal match for our best-selling Château Routas Rosé. And if the mention of “summer” and “Provence” has got you dreaming of consistently sunny days, don’t forget there are still two weeks left to enter our competition for a holiday of a lifetime at Château Routas.
• 1kg Inca tomatoes, assorted shapes, sizes and colours
• 1 banana shallot, thinly sliced
• Handful of fresh basil leaves
• Handful of fresh chives, chopped
• Sea salt flakes and ground pepper
for the dressing:
• 1 garlic clove
• 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
• ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
• ½ tbsp sherry vinegar
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by making the dressing. In a pestle and mortar, grind the garlic clove and a good pinch of salt until you have a paste. Transfer to a bowl and add the oil, balsamic and sherry vinegar. Mix together to form a broken vinaigrette and season to taste. Set aside.
- Cut the tomaotes into roughly ¼ inch slices and place the slices on a serving plate, slightly overlapping each tomato slice. Season with some sea salt flakes and ground pepper and top with the sliced shallots basil and chopped chives.
- Drizzle the broken vinaigrette over the salad with a spoon and serve immediately. Perfect with the Routas Rosé!