Christmas Sorted Case 2
- We start as we mean to go on with two expressions from our favourite Champagne House, Joseph Perrier.
- Domaine Vrignaud, a classic Chablis will shine whether it accompanies Prawn Cocktail, Turkey or almost anything else. (2 Bottles)
- The Friulano is an aromatic wine from Collio in North East Italy and it is as elegant as it is crisp and fresh.
- Hunter’s Sauvignon Blanc is on outstanding form these days from one of the original pioneers of the region.
In the red selection:
- The Gigondas is an incredible wine that overshadows many examples from its neighbour, Chateauneuf-du-Pape. (2 Bottles)
- The Morgon is a proper Beaujolais, richer than you might expect.
- The Barolo could equally be a fireside companion as much as a dinner guest, either way its complexity shines through.
- The Delheim Cabernet celebrates what we reckon to be South Africa’s strongest suit in the Bordeaux grapes.
Finally, a gem of a dessert wines taken from vines almost 100 years old from a property on the other side of the river from Sauternes.
- The Haut Moueyre is a sublime showstopper to savour. (50cl Bottle)